Sunday, April 29, 2012

OWH Sketch #119

Whewww!  What a week!  I almost freaked out because I could not get Blogger to load after I downloaded some recommended software because of the new Blogger.  I had to uninstall that, install a newer version of Explorer, and now I am back in business.  Sounds easy, but not when you have dial-up.  If my DH cannot have cable, then I cannot have high speed internet.  I generally do not mind it except when downloading software.

Two cards to share today.  The first is using some brand new to me stuff from Basic Grey that I got from Crafty Steals.  I have been making scrap paper cards, so I made the second from my scrap pile. The paper was double-sided so that helped!

9 comments:

  1. good idea to make the second card right away - I have everything cut for my second card - but image needs to be colored. great cards. Thanks for your support of OWH

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are very nice Linda. I particularly like that you used a pattern paper for the scalloped border and to layer the sentiment in the first card. I tend to always layer in solids but I really like how this looks so I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great sentiment for making someone smile! Cool papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Paula! I love how you used patterned paper for the scalloped border, I would have never thought of doing that and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another agreement with Paula. That patterned scallop just finishes it off so well! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda - I think your card came out wonderful!

    You are the second person I heard mention something about a new blogger, but I have not noticed anything new? I'm wondering what I may have missed?

    :) Sure glad you were able to get in, I guess I'll know not to add any new software. Sounds like it was a bit troublesome!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, Linda! Love the paper choices against that grey base. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice paper selections on these cards. They'll be great for our heroes.

    I wanted to stop in to give you the Liebster award. You're a great blogger and share wonderful cards! You can read more here: http://kathrynscards.blogspot.com/2012/04/bloggie-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on both of your cards! Doesn't it feel great to use up those scraps!!

    ReplyDelete