Sunday, September 7, 2014

OWH ODBD: Create you own background

Friday DH & I took a roadtrip to a car part swap.  On the way back we stopped at a LSS in Des Moines and I bought a few new toys; a Taylored Expression Chevron Cutting Plate and Spellbinders Feathers Die Set.  I decided that the new challenge was perfect to break them out.  Carol L has made some wonderful cards using the technique I tried here.  To think, I almost purchased a cheaper feather die set but I could not resist the extra detail this set offered.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the colors! tfs hugs, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I recently purchased the Spellbinder's feather dies. I haven't used them yet. But they sure look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda this is beautiful! The chevrons and feathers totally complement each other! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,

    LOVE this background -- so fun and colorful!

    I totally agree with your OWH withdrawal thoughts. I, too, find that I am really missing the community. But, it's so wonderful that our troops are coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cool with all those colors! I love interchanging colors like this for so much more interest, and I'm glad you caught the bug and tried it too! For me, it's calming and relaxing, while others find it tedious and frustrating. Great job on this card with the feathers, and thanks again for the shout-out! You truly made my day a special one :)

    ReplyDelete