Sunday, July 14, 2013

OWH Sketch #181

It is Sunday, and a challenging sketch coutesy of Diane was posted.  I made one card and thought "you can do better so I made a second card that I really like.  Not sure where the eagle image is from...if you know just give me a shout out.  Pattern papers from K&Co and sentiments are computer generated.  I decided to go almost all computer on the second for a cleaner look.  Cannot wait to see what others do with this sketch as it is a doozy!

1st Attempt

2nd Attempt and my fave!


9 comments:

  1. Both cards look really nice. I like your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards. The expression on the eagle's face is particularly striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a doozy for sure but your cards look great! The eagle and sentiments look great on the brown paper! Very American! Nice job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda- I love both of them- I love the strip with the stars on the first one and I love the diagonal strips on the 2nd. The eagle is awesome- I cannot help you with the maker..I bet some OWHer will know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, the Eagle and sentiment just look so terrific on Kraft! I also like the banners. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rocked the sketch with both cards!! The stars all look great with that awesome eagle image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to adapt the sketch! I struggled with that little piece in the middle and I really like the way you did it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this was a doozy of a sketch! Lol... Now that I look at it again, I totally left out the middle strip on mine. Oh well. :) I love your beautiful eagles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the second attempt best. love the use of the stamps for the strips.

    ReplyDelete