Friday, June 20, 2014

Words 2 Scrap By

Yes...another post...I had the day off because I have been working on the weekends.  It was great to get caught up on cleaning and I had a little fun along the way.  This card is for Words 2 Scrap By which is having a Dr Seuss inspired challenge.  I was having a hard time deciding what to create when I ran across these hot air balloons by Bird.  I have to admit that I have never seen a Balloon Glow but DH & I once took a ride in one.  My favorite part was skimming the top of the tasseled corn...it was amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda.

    So glad you had a great day off of work. Sounds like you deserved it!

    Love your card! Your coloring is, of course, so well done. Those clouds add just the right amount of texture. And, it sounds like the card brought back some fun memories. :)

    So glad your joined us for our Oh, The Places You'll Go challenge. Thanks for playing along at Words 2 Scrap By!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you did some great things with you day off and we are lucky to be able to view your card, which is wonderful. Love the papers and that sentiment. I would love to take a flight in a balloon, but I have to admit I'm afraid of it but I can only imagine the beauty of it. I am thrilled you had the chance to do it. We go to balloon festivals but have never been up in one. The festivals are amazing to see them all up there at once, especially an evening flight. There is nothing like it. Well enjoy the weekend and thanks for sharing this darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a productive day all around! Love the embossing on your background, and how the patterns in your papers are reflected in the colors of your balloons. A hot air balloon ride is on my bucket list - maybe someday! Thanks for playing along with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete