Saturday, November 15, 2014

Addicted to CAS: A Sketch

Welcome back to my blog for a little inspiration for the current challenge at Addicted to CAS, which happens to be a sketch.  I have to admit that I looked to the internet for some inspiration to use the Tim Holtz Holiday Knit stencil featured on this card.  I ran across Kristina Werner's Holiday Series 2014 and was uber inspired.  Thanks Kristina!  The sentiment is a diecut by Basic Grey; heat embossed clear on red cardstock x3 to add dimension.  The holly leaves were created using punches and an emery board.  All of this was done on a layer of vellum because I am really loving vellum since the last ATCAS challenge.


Thanks for stopping by...cannot wait to see what you all make!

11 comments:

  1. Linda, your vellum is beautiful! Loving those die cuts! Thanks so much for playing along as a Guest Designer at ATCAS, we love having you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda this is a fabulous take on the sketch.Love the use of the vellum. Great to have you with us again this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous color against white - love that background too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda. Beautiful CAS interpretation of the sketch. LOVE the vellum layer with the white embossed design. And I love your traditional red and green for Christmas. So wonderful to have you on the team!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous - love that stencil you used for the background! It is great to have you as our GD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, this is just beautiful! I love the stenciled background in white with that green holly and red sentiment! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, the pattern on the vellum adds to the true beauty of Christmas card :) so glad to have u as our Guest Designer !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word - the "knitted" stencilling is fabulous - perfect for Christmas and a great background for the red and green.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. your vellum knitted looks adorable Linda and that red really pop against the white and nice leafs too...adorable use the sketch...

    I just join again Addicted to CAS and would be happy if you like to visiting my card on my Blog and maybe leaving me some love...big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card Linda . . . I love vellum on cards, so soft looking, but I am rubbish at attaching it successfully! Thanks for the inspiration! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vellum looks amazing like snow and such a great stencil. The pops of red add such warmth and festive spirit.


    Marie

    ReplyDelete