Thursday, April 7, 2011

OWH MWT--Father's Day



In the back of my mind I knew this soon would be a MWT Challenge theme, but I was not really prepared. Luckily I has some stuff in my stash. The 3-D stickers I reduced in height by removing a level, either on the top or bottom depending on which one was easier. The dad chipboard letters were originally covered in glitter. I peeled off the top layer and then stamp the argyle pattern on top. I really like how it turned out. The background paper is from In My Mind's eye and is double-sided, which makes coordinating a breeze. I do not usually make vertical cards, but the fish one was almost too easy with the exception of the Dad.

8 comments:

  1. These are so nice! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had your work cut out for you in preparing your stash! But it paid off and both cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful papers and images. That distressed look is so perfect for guy cards. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Father's Day cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Father's Day cards! I seem to be drawn to this color scheme quite a bit this season. The argyle and stripes give these cards that extra masculine "UMPH!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. what beautiful cards. Every "guy" in our family loves fishing.. actually, everybody period loves fishing.. guys & gals. I know that they would love these. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. great masculine card! oh, and i wanted to let you know that the sentiment in my 'celebrate card' is from paper smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great cards. . . what dad doesn't love fishing? Thanks for sharing! You sure put a lot of work into those argyle letters. They turned out great!

    ReplyDelete