Saturday, March 2, 2013

OWH ODBD: Scallops

The theme for the March "Our Daily Bread Designs" challenge is scallops.  Image is by Inky Antics, paper by MME, ribbon by Making Memories.  One of the tricks I ran across at the OWH President's Day VCMP was to mat your image with circles to create a scalloped border.  I actually had tried that trick once and promptly forgot about it.  Thanks for the reminder...especially since I do not have any scallop dies!  Red & turquoise are my new fave color combo...can you tell?

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty; the red and blue are striking together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,

    The thumbnail of your lovely card really caught my eye. And, I'm so glad I clicked on the image to read your reminder about using circles to create a scallop. I was at a loss on this ODBD challenge because I don't have a scallop punch or die either. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda- your card is stunning! The red and turquoise combo is gorgeous and your coloring is wonderful! All of my Inky antic stamps are whimsical-I need to check them out again- the stamp is so pretty. I like that your background paper is more subtle and lets the flowers take center stage! LOL- I forget about the circle trick too---until I am forced to get extra creative by lack of the right size mat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I like how you improvised for the scalloped look. And that image...you really made it pop with those bright, bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. The blue background really makes those wonderful tulips pop on this card. Thank you for joining the ODBD challenge.

    ReplyDelete