Thursday, June 2, 2011

OWH MWT Color Challenge Purple/Green






I made two cards for this challenge but will only be posting one. I cannot take credit for the ingenious Hi card. Page 72 of Cards January 2011 issue has a wonderful card made by Carina Lindholm and I "case-d" it for this challenge. I did design the alphabet letters on the computer and left extra space for the Hi. I wanted to use chipboard letters, but they were all too big or the wrong color. I am thinking I should make a few more of this card and I can tweak the spacing a little more...




The For You is one of my "scrap" card creations. I have a hard time throwing any of it away so I developed what I call "art bit". Sometimes I actually stitch to kick it up a notch. I had this flower that I accidentally found that really seems to set it off.

5 comments:

  1. Linda, You have such a gift for putting together DP and making it look cohesive - one I wish I had. It is a beautiful card and the flower really does complete the card. The second card is very clever and a perfect OWH card! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda these are cute, what a great idea on the second card! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I like both of your cards. I always get a kick out of cards like your hi card. I also am saving a copy of your scrappy card because I have a whole bunch of scraps too and I really like the look of your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your "hi" card -- very creative! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Yes, the sentiment is stamped. The stamp is from PTI.

    ReplyDelete