Sunday, June 19, 2011

OWH Sketch Challenge #74

When I saw this sketch I knew immediately which stamp I was going to use: Autumn Leaves Card Sentiments by kezia whitteker. I had been working with some great paper from Making Memories, so I just grabbed some of it. My Fiskars circle cutter comes in very handy when I do not have a punch in the correct size.

The bottom card is what I started last night and did not have the energy to finish. I stamped a second sentiment just for it. I did a little creative coloring with markers for both to add a little pizazz.

Some card makers have a style that is their trademark. I think mine is that I really like mixing patterns, and have a hard time using plain card stock. I think it was developed in my quilting years.

7 comments:

  1. Great card, Linda! That sentiment is perfect, and you mixed those patterns beautifully. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the circular sentiment...especially framed in the brown...it makes such a wonderful focal point. These are both very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks to me like your "quilting years" have paid off! Love the mix of patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are a great take on the sketch! I love the centers of the circular sentiment panels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, You are right, that sentiment is so perfect for the card design. Great use of papers as well. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I love both of these! I can see the quilter influence. I tend to mix prints with solids on both quilts and cards. :-)
    Love the touch of color you did on each of the images in the center of the sentiment. Great OWH cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are great! I love your mixes of color and patterns- awesome!

    ReplyDelete