Wednesday, June 22, 2011

OWH Tutorial--Paper Roses & Quilted Flag

I have to say when I saw Angela's card on the OWH Memorial Day Blog Hop I totally drooled all over my keyboard...what talent she has! Here is the link to her card on the OWH Stars and Stamps blog: http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2011/06/tutorial-paper-roses-and-quilted-flag.html.

I used several papers from DCWV Summer Dreams Mat Stack (the reds and blues) and the ivory papers were scraps. I did hand cut the flag out after tracing the shape as I have no die cut machine. I have to be honest and say that I was not smiling when I was making the flowers like Angela keeps repeating in the tutorial...but I kept thinking I should be. I am choosing to go sentiment-less on this card.

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely, Linda! I like the colors and pattern mix, the ivory works really well! I think your roses came out nice, the smiles will come ;) Thanks so much for giving it a try! Really nice hand cutting on your flag - gives me ideas about other shapes I can try!

    ReplyDelete